I understand there are more pressing matters in this world than the way my dark chocolate tastes but I'm wondering, SERIOUSLY wondering, why you, Lindt & Sprüngli, Master Chocolatier have found it necessary to change the 70% Intense Dark recipe to the 70% Smooth Dark formula.
Let's start with taste:
- The new recipe is inferior. I have tried countless flavors of dark chocolate over many years of my life and always came back to this single conclusion:
- Lindt 70% Intense Dark is the perfect combination of sweet and bitter. The texture is perfect. It melts in your mouth without the chalkiness other brands offer.
- There are 30 more calories per 4 squares in the new recipe.
- There are 2 more grams of fat per 4 squares in the new recipe.
- There are 4 more grams of carbs per 4 squares in the new recipe.
WHY?! Is it the economy? Are you mad at me, specifically? Is it because I forgot our anniversary? It couldn't be that because we don't HAVE an anniversary! I miss my Intense Dark bars. Please put them back on the shelves. My 2 squares a day are what keep me sane in my health-food lifestyle.
Now understand, I'm not mad at you. I'll always love you, Lindt, so can't we work this out?
Emmanuel Z. Karabetis